- Works with the operations and support units to support the Sanctions agenda.
- Provides guidance on proper application and interpretation of Sanctions-related laws, rules, regulations and policies applicable to the Bank.
- Reviews and decisions all transactions escalated from Cash, Trade, FM or R&I and performs necessary research to determine what action should be taken.
- Reviews all name screening results for Customers (Sanctions only), Vendors and Employees while taking appropriate actions.
- FCC Sanctions acts as the single point of contact from the bank to OFAC on all sanctions issues, questions and escalations
- Supports the bank in the practical interpretation of Sanctions, particularly OFAC regulation
- Analyzes and addresses referrals from the operational and business groups to assess and decision transactions, customers, employee and vendor names against alert list matches. This may require consultation with the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC)
- Liaise with OFAC regarding returned or blocked payments from other branch offices. Researches these transactions and prepares either disclosure or information letters to OFAC
- Prepares proposed names to be added to STOP lists based upon information obtained during investigations
- Establishes and develops effective working relationships with Compliance colleagues and personnel of business units
- Support Unit Head in developing controls and procedures relating to transaction monitoring
- Ensure significant issues identified are reported and escalated in a timely manner
- 2 years of current sanctions experience required from either Banking or consulting environments
- 8 years+ commercial experience ideally within a regulatory compliance environment
If you are interested in applying for this role please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Pathay on +852 25214078 for a confidential discussion.