Working with this Bank as a Financial Crime Investigations Analyst means becoming part of a banking brand with a great reputation and an exciting vision: to be the leader in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
Reporting to the Head of Financial Crime Investgations, the Financial Crime Investigations Analyst will primarily be responsible for designing and analysing the output from systems monitoring actitvities, identifying suspicious activity and detecting fraud.
The role will include some other responsibilities including AML referral analysis, data gathering and MI for senior members of the team and responding to enquiries from law enforcement agencies.
Purpose of the role
- Validate all investigation reports and give recommenations to MLRO whether or not to proceed with reporting to JFIU
- Assist in creating an environment where the Bank is kept abreast of all new development and intelligence that are associated with money laundering and terrorist financing issues
- Ensure all relevant control measures are undertaken to minimize the risk exposure of the Bank
- To design and examine output from fraud detection tools
- Minimum 2 years of banking operations experience, with some exposure to anti-money laundering / compliance / banking regulatory bodies / internal audit / risk management will be highly regarded
- Good knowledge in banking systems and major operations such as remittances and deposit services
- University degree in Accounting and Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Law or related discipline
- Ability to work independently and to make prompt decisions
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese